Best Aussie Products


The 26th of January marks Australia day, and in true Aussie form, we thought we'd pay tribute to our favourite home grown products!
Lucas Papaw Remedies Papaw Ointment // $5.99

This is my ultimate, holy grail lip balm for night time. It leaves my lips feeling hydrated and ready for the day's eating and speaking festivities. I always stock up on these during sales (as I always seem to lose them) and one 25g tube lasts me more than year. I've tried other paw paw creams and nothing compares to the original. This is definitely bang for your buck and if you travel to Australia, I recommend you pick up one of these! 

People For Plants Hydration Gel // $29.95
If your a fan of the Indeed Labs Hydraluron, give this a red hot go! I definitely feel like it does a very similar job to Hydraluron but instead of hylauronic acid, it's main ingredient is aloe and cucumber to provide that extra bit of hydration to your skin. Certified 96.1% organic, this may be a better alternative for those who prefer to use more natural ingredients for their skin. I really enjoy it and switch between the PFP and IL every 2-3months whenever I finish a bottle. 

Natio Ageless Illuminating Primer // $16.95
This is one of my favourite moisturising primers. It contains rosehip oil, leaving a really nice solid, moisturising base for your foundation to lie on top of. Whilst I don't think it extends the wear time of foundation, I feel like it reduces the dry patches you get with dehydrated skin. It leaves a nice illumination but I wouldn't say it turns your matte foundation into a dewy one which a massive plus for matte skin lovers. Before giving this a go, definitely give it a whiff because it does have a strong rosehip scent to it!
Face of Australia Glossy Lip Crayon in Pecan Pie // $7.95
Just an easy, fuss free, everyday tinted balm. It's very moisturising and easy to apply with the crayon applicator.

Savvy by DB Long Lasting Matte Lipstick in Bali // $6.99
An affordable pick for those who want to dabble into using darker shades.  I find the formula to be very buildable, making it suitable for when you just want a little bit of colour on the lips or the days when you want to really 'go to town'.

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ // $29.99
This is the rosehip oil that got me hooked and 30mls later, I already have one ready to be opened.  To keep it short, this helps with the surface dryness that your skin might experience during the colder months.  With consistent day and night use, I have noticed that the oil has helped my skin go from oily/combo to a normal/combo.  I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to try out a rosehip oil, but not sure which to go for; you won't be disappointed with this one!

Ego QV Cream Tube // $7.99
This is just a good basic moisturiser to have.  It's scentless, gentle on the skin, yet thick in consistency to alleviate dryness making it suitable for anyone to use.  I personally like how my skin feels the morning after; well moisturised and plump.

Thank you. Fig & Pear Clusters // $6.45
Its been a while since I've eaten muesli clusters but I have been really digging these for breakfast with milk or yogurt, topped off with some fresh fruit.  Gotta love the fact that by simply buying this box helps someone in need!


What are some of your favourite Australian products?

8 comments:

  1. Happy Australia Day for yesterday!! I've heard so many good things about the Lucas Paw Paw Ointment but never actually knew it was an Australia product! I think it's time for me to give it a try this year haha!
    One of my aussie favourites are the Australis makeup brushes! They're really good quality and at an affordable price too! :))

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayyyy, Happy Australia Day! 2014, strangely, was about me discovering Aussie skincare! I still want to try that Trilogy Rosehip Oil, but Aussie skincare wise, I've been testing a few things out from Sukin and Aesop! (And not Aussie, but I've been loving Antipodes too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Trilogy Rosehip Oil is my fave! And WHAT!? A primer that contains rosehip oil?? Dang I must go get that!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking around for a good face oil so I'll definitely consider the Trilogy one! I also love Face of Australia products ^o^
    ~Weng wengiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I love people for plants and Savvy. The Savvy lipsticks are so underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so beautiful!
    And I want it all!))

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother always likes to buy several tubes of that paw paw oinment when she visits australia! Also if I do visit down under the future I totally need to check out the local brands for make up! Do stop by my blog, I'm currently holding a giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete